Menu

Title

Subtitle

Ten Causes Why We Must All Use Reusable Bags

 

 

Starting to utilize reusable bags in spot of disposable paper and plastic bags is one way that every single single one of us can do our portion to assist our atmosphere, cut back on waste, and cut down the consumption of organic resources and fossil fuels. Although additional widespread in other countries, the sad truth is the fact that most buyers within the US nonetheless rely on paper or plastic bags for the majority of their purchasing. Possibly they need to have some a lot more motivation? Below, I've compiled a list of ten causes that everybody should really begin using reusable purchasing bags. Get extra information about non-woven bags

 

If you do some investigation, you will come across a array of estimates concerning the number of plastic bags that happen to be used each year all through the world. Generally, the bottom of the range is about 500 billion using the upper boundary in the variety becoming around 1 trillion. Roughly 380 billion plastic bags are consumed within the US annually. That's loads of bags - regrettably loads of bags that aren't reused or recycled. As an alternative, most are thrown away within the garbage and function their way in to our waste system and landfills or come across their way in to our waterways or countryside.

 

10 Cause to utilize Reusable Bags as an alternative to Paper or Plastic

 

1) Plastic bags take more than 1,000 years to decompose in landfills

 

2) Plastic bags do not biodegrade in landfills. Instead, they photodegrade, which can release toxins into the soil and waterways nearby which can be ingested by animals, top to death

 

3) Approximately 1% of plastic bags are recycled due to high costs. That leaves 99% to make their strategy to landfills or end up as litter

 

4) Every square mile on the ocean has an average of 46,000 pieces of plastic in it...and this number continues to grow.

 

5) Annually, the US uses over 12 million barrels worth of oil inside the kind of plastic bags

 

6) The 10 billion paper bags that US shoppers use annually demand the harvest of 14 million trees

 

7) The pulp and paper sector consumes the 2nd most volume of energy when in comparison with all important US industries

 

8) Along coastal US shores, 10% of all waste and garbage is plastic bags

 

9) Over 100,000 sea turtles and over 1 million birds die every year soon after ingesting plastic bags that they find in oceans, waterways, and countrysides. These bags are mistaken for food and typically get lodged in the animal's intestine exactly where they protect against the animal from digesting other meals, causing a slow and painful death.

 

10) Every reusable bag which you use could potentially reduce your use of plastic bags by 1,000 bags over the lifetime of the bag.

 

Using reusable buying bags cuts down around the number of plastic bags which are used, disposed of, and readily available to kill animals, pollute the land, and/or harm our soil and water.

 

In case you have by no means viewed as replacing your plastic bag use with reusable bags, now is definitely the time. Reusable bags do not require you to dramatically transform your lifestyle and most people that make the switch truly come across them much more easy as they could carry a lot more things inside a substantially less complicated manner. While the life style change necessary will not be drastic, the combined efforts of us all beginning to work with reusable bags is usually.

Go Back

Comment

Blog Search

Blog Archive

Comments

There are currently no blog comments.